I already did 4, but the rest are here:
1.Take a picture of your workspace.
as you can see I’m not good at managing my space. My desk is fairly long, but my keyboard and tabler and scanner take up a lot of space hahah… and my light-table/box thing is stowed away. (the shelf above is full of manga and books)
2.Show your pencil case and what’s inside.
WTF this pencil case is really shitty I got it for free cause some people were advertising a cram school… I didn’t even go to this cram school, but I am using their pencilcase cause my last one got torn. but this one as a hole too so I need to buy a new one. As for the contents, pretty normal low quality stuff haha. I’ve been using this mechanical pencil for years and it’s really cheap. Hey, I just realised my box cutter thingy is gone. damn stupid pencil case with a hole.
5. Who/what inspires you? hmmmmmm
Eva is pretty inspiring to me, so if I need to feel motivated sometimes I’ll watch EoE or leaf through an EoE groundworks book I have. That one video of Hideaki Anno going to a school and talking and teaching kids about animation is something I really like too. I also admire Mizushiro Setona and Shimura Takako’s manga. Winsor McCay’s works in illustration, comics and animation always make me feel inspired too. Also the artwork in Hugo Pratt’s “Corto Maltese” (I only have like 1 volume but I love the styyyleee). I also find Egon Schiele’s stuff amazing…… Moto Hagio’s works, especially “The Heart of Thomas” have stories and an aesthetic that’s just so satisfying for me to stare at, I could do it for hours. I taped some Monet and Odilon Redon postcards on my closet to look at once in a while. OH OH and Hokusai’s stuff GOSH, it’s all amazing and inspires me to try drawings different things LOTS OF THINGS Ahhh so amazing. Sometimes looking at Demitasse-lover (tumblr user starfleetrambo)’s gallery on DA (http://demitasse-lover.deviantart.com/) inspires me too.
WOW this is a lot of stuff I must seem really inspired but actually i’m not *crai*
8. Do you listen to music when you draw? Favorites?
I usually do! Lately I’ve been listening to Daft Punk a lot while I draw… Sometimes to draw I like to listen to Marina & the Diamonds, Florenece + the Machine, Legião Urbana, Broadway Musical songs (stuff from Spring Awakening, Wicked, etc), Eva and Utena soundtrakcs and some random anime ops (ESPECIALLY NODAME CANTABILE’S) to get me motivated#aureuspiscis
4. Lineart or Coloring? Lineart. for sure. I have a really hard time with colouring and even when I try to focus on that, it’s the lines that define the shape of everything. I just can’t work creating shapes with colours… AHH well yeah, so line for me, though I am trying to think more about colour lately.
9. Favorite thing to draw? CUTE GIRLS OBVIOUSLY
that’s my main deal can’t deny it can’t be stopped
12. Any weird artist behavior you admit doing? Well, I do that thing, making the expression I am drawing… but also, sometimes I try to pose accordingly too, just to see like, how far can this arm go, how much can you actually turn your head… I also record videos of me doing stuff for reference when animating, but I think that’s pretty common procedure (although if you see the videos on my phone it’ll seem like I’m crazy, cause it’s like.. me pretending to dig a hole, but on a wooden floor and actually holding a gluestick instead of a shovel..) hmm yeah I don’t think I do anything too weird.
|1:||Take a picture of your workspace.|
|2:||Show your pencil case and what's inside.|
|3:||Show a thing you last drew, no matter how small or a "doodle" it is.|
|4:||Lineart or coloring?|
|5:||Who/what inspires you?|
|6:||Draw a same pic with your dominant and non-dominant hand.|
|7:||Do you have any OCs?|
|8:||Do you listen to music when you draw? Favorites?|
|9:||Favorite thing to draw?|
|10:||Least favorite thing to draw?|
|11:||Draw a pic of yourself like how you look just now.|
|12. Any weird artist behavior you admit doing?|